This is my go-to dinner for when I have a busy afternoon. It seriously takes 10 minutes of prep time and there is no mess. Simple, nourishing and delicious.
Miso pumpkin soup
1 kg pumpkin
2 large carrots
1 brown onion
3 cloves of garlic
600-700 ml hot water
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 -1 tsp sea salt
1/2 -1 tsp black pepper
2 tbs miso paste
2 tbs lemon juice
Optional to serve:
coconut yoghurt or coconut cream
crumbled vegan or fetta cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degree Celsius.
2. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
3. Wash your pumpkin and carrot. Slice the pumpkin and chop your carrot's into pieces leaving the skin on. Coat with olive oil and lay evenly on your tray. Leave the onion and garlic cloves in their skin and place on the tray with the vegetables.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
5. Squeeze the baked onion and garlic cloves from their skin and place with all other ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adding more water if needed to your desired consistency.
6. Serve with your toppings of choice.