Banana's are my favourite fruit. They are creamy, sweet accessible and cheap. This recipe is grain free, vegan and low in sugar. Typical banana bread contains refined flours, processed sugar and stacks of salted butter. I hope you enjoy this healthy alternative my favourite way to serve it is for dessert with a big scoop of coconut yogurt. YUM!
Healthy Banana Bread
3 medium-large mashed bananas ( 1 cup)
4 *chia eggs- 4 tbs Chia seeds mixed with 1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup dairy free milk
1 cup of almond flour
1 cup of coconut flour
100g or 1/2 cup crushed dark chocolate
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Line or grease a loaf tin.
2. Mix the water and chia and Let the ‘egg’ thicken in a bowl for 5-10 minutes
3. In a medium-size bowl whisk together all your wet ingredients. Mashed banana, melted coconut oil, rice malt, vanilla and DF milk.
4. In a large bowl combine your flours with cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder.
Add your wet ingredients and mix all together folding through the dark chocolate.
5. Bake in a loaf tin on 170’ for 35-40 minutes.
6. Remove when the bread is cooked through and golden brown. Let cool before slicing.
If you are in a warm climate I suggest storing the bread in the fridge! I store mine for 5 days in the fridge. I freeze some for later if I make a double batch or cant finish the loaf.